Basic Crepe Batter
This recipe for basic crepe batter is versatile. Don’t be intimidated by making crepes. Even our chefs say the first one out of the pan is a throw-away!
Try our recipe for Stuffed Strawberry Ricotta Crepes.
Basic Crepe Batter Recipe
Makes about 8- 12 inch crepes
1 cups of milk
½ cup water
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup All Purpose Flour
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Additional butter for the pan as needed
- In a blender combine all ingredients and process for 30 seconds.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a 12 inch crepe pan over medium heat.
- Add enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1/3 cup of crepe batter and swirl until it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lift corners with a rubber spatula. Then pull with finger tips to flip.
- Cook 1 minute more, then remove from pan.
- Add more butter to the pan and continue the make crepes until all the batter is gone.
- Fill crepes with the filling desired.