Pineapple Jalapeno Jelly Glazed Roasted Ham
2 red onions
One 3 to 4 lb pre-cooked smoked ham with bone
3 cups of chicken broth
1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 cups of Saunders Family Farm Pineapple Jalapeño Jelly
5 tablespoons butter
3 lbs fingerling potatoes
6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
3 red peppers, diced
1 fresh pineapple peeled and sliced
Or 1 can of pineapple with his juice
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut onions into 1 inch cubes and put in a baking tray.
- Score the top of the ham to create diamond patterns.
- Put the ham on top of onions and add chicken broth.
- Stick the cloves on top of the ham and sprinkle fresh ground pepper
- Brush the ham with some butte.
- Brush on some Saunders Family Farm Pineapple Jalapeño Jelly
- Bake 30 minutes at 375 F.
- Remove from oven. Add pineapple slices on top.
- Brush Saunders Family Farm Pineapple Jalapeno Jelly on top of slices.
- Add potatoes and red pepper in baking tray.
- Bake 45 minutes more.
- During cooking baste ham in its own juices.
- Remove ham and potatoes and red pepper.
- Pour juices into a pan and reduce on stove top to a syrupy texture.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 420 F.
- Brush reduction sauce over ham and place in the oven.
- Heat ham for 10 minutes, brushing it with reduction every 2 minutes to glaze.
- Slice the ham and serve with potatoes and peppers.