Cranberry Jalapeno Jelly Pork Loin
Pork will never be the same again! This recipe uses our Saunders Family Farm Cranberry Jalapeño Jelly.
Cranberry Jalapeño Jelly Pork Loin Recipe
1.5 to 2 lbs of pork loin
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons Saunders Family Farm Cranberry Jalapeño Jelly
½ cup of walnuts, chopped
3 tablespoons of plain breadcrumb
2 tablespoons of oil
1 carrot, diced
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
1/2 celery branch, diced
4 branches of thyme
1/4 cup of roasted flour
4 cups unsalted veal stock (from your butcher, unsalted)
2 tablespoons port wine
1 tablespoon Saunders Family Farm Cranberry Jalapeño Jelly
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut the meat to make one flat large rectangle with the loin. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread with Saunders Family Farm Cranberry Jalapeño Jelly, walnuts and breadcrumb.
4. Roll up like a jelly roll and tie with butcher string. Season again.
5. Pat the meat dry and season again.
6. Heat a pan with olive oil to high heat. Sear all sides of meat until brown.
7. In the same pan sweat the carrots, onions, garlic and celery. Place in roasting pan with thyme.
8. Put pork loin on top and place in oven.
9. Baste the meat in its juices often.
10. Cook until the centre reaches 160°F (71C) about 20-25 minutes.
11. Remove the meat and let to rest in warmer area, covered with a aluminum foil.
12. Remove the butcher string.
13. Mix roasted flour with veal stock.
14. Place roasting pan over high heat.
15. Deglaze with port wine, reduce a bit then pour the stock in. Let cook until it reduces to a nice syrupy texture.
16. Add a tablespoon of Saunders Family Farm Cranberry Jalapeño Jelly.
17. Pass through a fine sieve, then brings to boil and stir in butter.
16. Cut pork into thin slices and serve with sauce on top.